Online Purchasing System
Note: Return to tutorial view.
Submit Purchase Order
Head to http://po.lawr.ucdavis.edu and log in with your campus login ID (kerberos).
You'll need an account on the system. If you log in and don't see a way to Place an Order, send an email to email@example.com and we'll add your campus ID to the system.
Step by Step:
- Click Place an Order
- Click on the big Shopping Cart on the left.
- Select a vendor or create a new one. Review the alphabetical list before you create a new vendor to avoid duplicates.
- Choose a shipping location. Jennifer Torres, LAWR - Veihmeyer or Orbelina Gomez, LAWR - PES. The name of the receiver does not adjust automatically with the pull down list.
- Enter your items for purchase. Each field needs an entry. If you don't have a catalog number, you can put "NA" or "0" but the application will yell at you later if you don't have something there. Tax is calculated automatically, though this is merely for your benefit. Your purchasing agent will decide if your item is taxable later.
This is the important part so stay focused. You don't need emails saying your PI says it's OK to order. You don't need to run around and collect signatures. Approving of an order is all done through the system.
- Someone with signature authority (a PI, MSO, Chair, or delegated approver of accounts) has ONE approver: themselves. NEW CHANGE!
- Someone without signature authority (a student, staff member, or when using someone else's account) has ONE approver: their PI (generally a faculty sponsor). Add your PI. If it's an acount that requires two PI approvals, you can add another approver by clicking the "Add Another Approver" link. Note: Adding Another Approver creates two more drop-down boxes, you can leave the third Approver box empty or click Remove. NEW CHANGE!
- The Purchaser should autopopulate but you can choose from ETOX, Purchasing; LAWR, Purchasing; or WFCB, Purchasing, depending on your home department.
- Account: The order needs an Account number. Find this before submitting the order. If you submit with an imaginary account number, or a wrong account number, the Account Manager can Reject the order. You'll receive an email telling you the order has been Rejected for a particular reason and you'll need to fix it for the Account Manager to accept the order.
- Backorder, Shipping, etc. If you don't know what RUA means, you probably don't need to worry about it.
- Attachments: Generally, you have a PDF quote from the vendor or from a page printed from the Internet. Attach this document. Click Add if you have more than one attachment.
- Notes and Comments: In the last field you can add useful information: perhaps what the order is for if the name of the items aren't clear; quote numbers; odd shipping or delivery information; request rush orders, etc.
- Then click SUBMIT. If everything goes well, you'll see a page that tells you the PO has been successfully submitted.
For PIs: Using Delegates
- Log into http://po.lawr.ucdavis.edu with your campus credentials (kerberos).
- On the left, click Delegates. Then near the bottom left under Tasks, click Add Delegate.
- Use the drop-down box next to Automatically Approve to choose a Delegate for an account. If someone is not listed there, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add them to the system.
You can set the following optional rules for a particular delegate:
- Can only delegate orders of a certain amount of money
- Narrow account names (HOU, UST, NASA, etc)
- Dates where the delegate is active
Click Add to confirm the delegate.
You can edit or remove the delegate from the left hand menu.
Approving Purchase Orders
When an online purchase order is submitted for your approval, you will receive an email. Click the link in the email and it will take you directly to the purchase order view (after logging in with your campus credentials). At the bottom of the PO are your options:
- if everything looks good, click Approve.
- If everything looks good but you have a comment to make on the order (which will be seen by the next person in the workflow...the account manager or purchaser), click Approve with comment.
- If you do not approve, click Reject. You will be asked to input why you are rejecting the order. Please be very clear: Wrong account number; Amount is too much; Don't want it; etc.
In Eudora, sometimes the email link does not work. In that case, go directly to http://po.lawr.ucdavis.edu and click on My Orders. You'll see a new purchase order there. Click View and review for approval.