Online Purchasing SystemUp to Table of Contents
LAWR, WFCB, and ETOX has implemented an Online Purchasing System. It allows anyone in those departments with an account on the system to create and submit purchase orders. Account PIs will be able to approve orders electronically and route them automatically to the appropriate Account Manager for review.
- No more chasing down signatures.
- Once the order is placed, a PI or delegate can approve the order from anywhere in the world.
- Electronic routing means less paper shuffling. Purchase order move from Student to PI to Account Manager to Purchaser: all over email and the web.
- You will receive email updates when an order is placed and you can check your order status online.
- You can submit packing slips online (after scanning).
- Business office staff don't have to call and email to finalize orders -- the Purchaser knows that when an order finally arrives in their inbox, it is ready to be placed.
http://po.lawr.ucdavis.edu (log in with your campus ID and kerberos password/passphrase)
Most Faculty and Staff have accounts on the system. Students and others we will add by request.
- If you do not see anywhere to Place an Order, email email@example.com and we'll set up an account for you.
A PI can create a Delegate: someone with approval authority for their account or accounts. When an order is submitted by a student, both the PI and Delegate will receive an email asking for approval. Delegates can be assigned to a particular account, only allowed to approve a certain amount of money, and restricted to certain dates (when a faculty member is on sabbatical for example).
I've created a few tutorials (the first even includes a training video) that are worth a view/read:
- Submitting a Purchase Order: Everyone should read this one and/or view the video.
- Approving a Purchase Order
- Using Delegates
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ: List of questions that have come up regarding the system.