Can I speed up Office 2008 for Mac?Up to Table of Contents
Yes. Try the following using an account with Administrator access:
Validate and Remove Duplicate Fonts
This has the added benefit of removing duplicate system level fonts which will cover any other accounts on the Mac. If you do it in a non-admin account it will work, but it's not as good a solution because it only disables fonts, not removes them. Also, make sure you do this AFTER you install Office 2008.
- In the applications folder, open up Font Book.
- Wait for them to all load. In the second column labeled "Font", select one font, then use the Command+A keys to select all fonts.
- Go to File > Validate Fonts. This may take a while.
- It should give you a little Yellow Sign that says (#) of problems were found.
- Take the All drop down menu and click Warnings. This narrows it down to only the duplicates.
- Click Select All Fonts
- Click remove checked.
Second thing to do is update Office. This last update majorly improves Powerpoint printing.